ConnectYu is a service provided by Chillen Media Inc. and its subsidiaries.
We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
We ask for and collect the personal information below when you use the Platform. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving the Platform and giving our users the best experience, and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between us and you.
When you register a ConnectYu account, you will need to provide your email address (except when you sign-up with Facebook, or twitter, and don’t give your permission to share it with ConnectYu), your age, and choose a password. In addition, if you purchase a Pro package, you will also need to provide your real name, billing address, and payment verification information.
You may choose, at your discretion, to provide additional information for your public profile on ConnectYu, for example:
• Your real name
• A user name (which may be your real name or a pseudonym)
• The country and town in which you live
• A profile picture or avatar, profile header image or banner
• Information about yourself)
• Details of your other websites and social media profiles, including links to those pages
• Your gender
Any additional information you provide as part of your public profile, such as your real name, and links to your website and other social media profiles (but not your email address), will be published on your profile page. This information will be publicly accessible and may be viewed by anyone accessing the Website, or using our API or other Services. Please bear this in mind when considering whether to provide any additional information about yourself
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
. Session Cookies:
. Session Cookies:We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
. Preference Cookies:
. Preference Cookies:We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
. Security Cookies:
. Security Cookies:We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
We use the personal information we collect from you, including with the help of automated systems and decision making, for a range of different business purposes according to different legal bases of processing and subject to the choices you make in your Settings.
• Provide, Improve, and Develop the Platform
• To operate and maintain your ConnectYu account, and to provide you with access to and use of the Platform. Your email address and password are used to identify you when you log into the Platform. Your device-IDs are used to ensure that you are in control of the devices that have access to your Subscription.
• We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve products and services, develop new features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
• If you purchase a Pro package, your name, address and payment verification information will be used to process your Pro package and renewals and to collect your payment. All payment verification information is transmitted using industry-standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. ConnectYu also complies with the Payment Card Industry Security Standards.
• Your email will be used to send you service updates and notifications about your account.
• To respond to you about any comment or inquiry you have submitted.
• We use your age to enable age restrictions.
• Maintain a Safe and Secure Environment.
• Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other suspicious activity.
• Verify and authenticate your identity and prevent unauthorized or illegal activity.
• Enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
• Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
• To provide you with customer and technical support.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving the Platform and giving our users the best experience.
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, region, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Cameroon and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Cameroon and process it there.
ConnectYu may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
1. To protect the personal safety of users of our Service or the public
2. To comply with a legal obligation
3. To prevent or investigate possible harmful behavior in connection with our Service
4. To protect and defend the rights or property of ConnectYu
5. To protect against legal liability
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Example of Service Providers we use are:
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services linking to our Platform.
We provide you with the ability to access, rectify and erase your data.
We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services or until your account is deleted. For example, if you submit a copy of your government-issued ID for account verification purposes, we delete that copy 3 days after Verification is approved. When you delete your account, we delete things you have posted, such as your photos and status updates, and you won't be able to recover that information later. Information that others have shared about you isn't part of your account and won't be deleted.
You can click on this link; https://www.connectyu.com/setting/delete-account to go to where you can delete your account.
You can click on this link; https://www.connectyu.com/setting/privacy-setting to go to where you can manage your privacy settings on ConnectYu.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By visiting the Contact Us page on our website: https://www.connectyu.com/contact-us