Our mission is to empower people by helping them make strategic connections that will take them from the life they have to the life they deserve. To help advance this mission, we provide the products and services described below to you:
Your experience on ConnectYu is unlike anyone else's: from the posts, blog posts, stories, events, videos, and other content you see in the News Feed to the Pages you follow and other features you might use, such as Jobs, Funding, Marketplace, games, and search. We use the data we have - for example, about the connections you make, the choices and settings you select, and what you share and do on and off our Products - to personalize your experience.
We help you find and connect with people, groups, businesses, organizations, and others that matter to you across our Platform. We use the data we have to make suggestions for you and others - for example, groups to join, events to attend, Pages to follow or send a message to, and people you may want to become friends with.
There are many ways to express yourself on ConnectYu and to communicate with friends, family, and acquaintances about what matters to you - for example, sharing status updates, photos, videos, and other content on ConnectYu, sending messages to a friend or several people, creating events or groups, or adding content to your profile.
People will only build community on ConnectYu if they feel safe. We employ dedicated teams and develop advanced technical systems to detect misuse of our Products, harmful conduct towards others, and situations where we may be able to help support or protect our community. If we learn of content or conduct like this, we will take appropriate action - for example, offering help, removing content, removing or restricting access to certain features, deleting an account, or contacting law enforcement.
explains how we use data to support this research for the purposes of developing and improving our services.
Instead of paying to use ConnectYu and the other products and services we offer, covered by these Terms, you agree that we can show you ads that businesses and organizations pay us to promote on our Platform. This means that we can show you relevant and useful ads without telling advertisers who you are. We don't sell your personal data. We allow advertisers to tell us things like their business goal, and the kind of audience they want to see their ads (for example, women living in Cameroon). We then show their ad to these people who might be interested.
We provide these services to you to help advance our mission. In exchange, we need you to make the following commitments:
When people stand behind their opinions and actions, our community is safer and more accountable. For this reason, you must:
• Use the same name that you use in everyday life.
• Provide accurate information about yourself.
• Create only one account (your own) and use your timeline for personal purposes.
• Not share your password, give access to your ConnectYu account to others, or transfer your account to anyone else (without our permission).
We try to make ConnectYu broadly available to everyone, but you cannot use ConnectYu and its other services if:
• You are under 18 years old.
• You are a convicted sex offender.
• We've previously disabled your account for violations of our Terms or Policies.
• You are prohibited from receiving our products, services, or software under applicable laws.
We want people to use ConnectYu to express themselves and to share content that is important to them, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others or the integrity of our community. You, therefore, agree not to engage in the conduct described below (or to facilitate or support others in doing so):
1. You may not use our Products to do or share anything:
• That violates these Terms, our Community Guidelines, and other terms and policies that apply to your use of ConnectYu and its other products.
• That is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory, or fraudulent.
• That infringes or violates someone else's rights, including their intellectual property rights.
2. You may not upload viruses or malicious code or do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of our Platform.
3. You may not access or collect data from our Platform using automated means (without our prior permission) or attempt to access data you do not have permission to access.
We can remove or restrict access to content that is in violation of these provisions.
If we remove content that you have shared in violation of our Community Guidelines, we’ll let you know and explain any options you have to request another review unless you seriously or repeatedly violate these Terms or if doing so may expose us or others to legal liability; harm our community of users; compromise or interfere with the integrity or operation of any of our services, systems or Products; where we are restricted due to technical limitations; or where we are prohibited from doing so for legal reasons.
To help support our community, we encourage you to report content or conduct that you believe violates your rights (including intellectual property rights) or our terms and policies.
We need certain permissions from you to provide our services:
Some content that you share or upload, such as photos or videos, may be protected by intellectual property laws.
You own the intellectual property rights (things like copyright or trademarks) in any such content that you create and share on ConnectYu. Nothing in these Terms takes away the rights you have to your own content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want.
However, to provide our services we need you to give us some legal permissions (known as a ‘license’) to use this content. This is solely for the purposes of providing and improving our products and services.
Specifically, when you share, post, or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights on or in connection with our Services, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, and worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content (consistent with your privacy and application settings). This means, for example, that if you share a photo on ConnectYu, you give us permission to store, copy, and share it with others (again, consistent with your settings) such as service providers that support our service. This license will end when your content is deleted from our systems.
You can delete content individually or all at once by deleting your account.
You can click here to go to where you can delete your account.
You can https://www.connectyu.com/setting/my_info"> download a copy of your data at any time before deleting your account.
When you delete content, it’s no longer visible to other users, however, it may continue to exist elsewhere on our systems where:
• immediate deletion is not possible due to technical limitations (in which case, your content will be deleted within a maximum of 60 days from when you delete it);
• your content has been used by others in accordance with this license and they have not deleted it (in which case this license will continue to apply until that content is deleted); or
a. investigate or identify illegal activity or violations of our terms and policies;
b. comply with a legal obligation, such as the preservation of evidence; or
c. comply with a request of judicial or administrative authority, law enforcement or a government agency;
in which case, the content will be retained for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it has been retained (the exact duration will vary on a case-by-case basis).
In each of the above cases, this license will continue until the content has been fully deleted.
2.Permission to update software you use or download: If you download or use our software, you give us permission to download and install updates to the software where and when available.
If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available in our Products (for example, images, designs, videos, or sounds we provide that you add to content you create or share on ConnectYu), we retain all rights to that content (but not yours). You can only use our copyrights or trademarks (or any similar marks) with our prior written permission. You must obtain our written permission (or permission under an open-source license) to modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us.
We work constantly to improve our services and develop new features to make our Products better for you and our community. As a result, we may need to update these Terms from time to time to accurately reflect our services and practices. We will only make any changes if the provisions are no longer appropriate or if they are incomplete, and only if the changes are reasonable and take due account of your interests.
We will notify you (for example, by email or through our Platform) at least 30 days before we make changes to these Terms and give you an opportunity to review them before they go into effect unless changes are required by law. Once any updated Terms are in effect, you will be bound by them if you continue to use our Products.
We hope that you will continue using our Products, but if you do not agree to our updated Terms and no longer want to be a part of the ConnectYu community, you can delete your account at any time.
We want ConnectYu to be a place where people feel welcome and safe to express themselves and share their thoughts and ideas.
If we determine that you have clearly, seriously or repeatedly breached our Terms or Policies, including in particular our Community Guidelines, we may suspend or permanently disable access to your account. We may also suspend or disable your account if you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights or where we are required to do so for legal reasons.
Where we take such action we’ll let you know and explain any options you have to request a review, unless doing so may expose us or others to legal liability; harm our community of users; compromise or interfere with the integrity or operation of any of our services, systems or Products; or where we are restricted due to technical limitations; or where we are prohibited from doing so for legal reasons.
We work hard to provide the best Products we can and to specify clear guidelines for everyone who uses them. Our Products, however, are provided "as is," and we make no guarantees that they always will be safe, secure, or error-free, or that they will function without disruptions, delays, or imperfections. To the extent permitted by law, we also DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. We do not control or direct what people and others do or say, and we are not responsible for their actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or any content they share (including offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful, and other objectionable content).
We cannot predict when issues might arise with our Services. Accordingly, our liability shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and under no circumstance will we be liable to you for any lost profits, revenues, information, or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms or our other services, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
We try to provide clear rules so that we can limit or hopefully avoid disputes between you and us. If a dispute does arise, however, it's useful to know upfront where it can be resolved and what laws will apply.
If you are a consumer, the laws of the country in which you reside will apply to any claim, cause of action, or dispute you have against us that arises out of or relates to these Terms, and you may resolve your claim in any competent court in that country that has jurisdiction over the claim. In all other cases, you agree that the claim must be resolved exclusively in Cameroon.
1. These Terms make up the entire agreement between you and ConnectYu. Regarding your use of our Products. They supersede any prior agreements.
2. If any portion of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of these Terms, it will not be considered a waiver. Any amendment to or waiver of these Terms must be made in writing and signed by us.
3. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without our consent.
4. You should know that we may need to change the username for your account in certain circumstances (for example, if someone else claims the username and it appears unrelated to the name you use in everyday life). We will inform you in advance if we have to do this and explain why.
5. We always appreciate your feedback and other suggestions about our products and services. But you should know that we may use them without any restriction or obligation to compensate you, and we are under no obligation to keep them confidential.
6. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.